wall cavity insulation - problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the wall cavity wall insulation installed a few months ago. As I had polystyrene beads flying all over my front and back garden and into the loft, the company that did the job initially agreed to do some 'remedial' work and packed the gaps at the top of the wall - below gutters - with a 'bottle brush' type of thing. I was reassured that the air flow will stay adequate to keep the loft dry. I am worried though about the reducing the air flow and the fact that the beads can still flow into the attic. I was informed that this particular company does not cap the cavities to prevent it happening but what they have done this time will stop all my problems. Has anybody else had the same problem? Any views on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Renata

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back