Wall chaser

I have a makita wall chaser , this is an excellent piece of kit. It does however say that it should not be used without a dust extractor as the fine dust will bugger up the machine . I use a Bosch GAS50 vacuum.. superb kit for this machine and leaves no dust to talk about . I have even done chases in domestic homes with carpets laid and no mess. ( dustsheets are obviously used also ).. Not cheap tho total kit inc vac was around £700, but I use it regularly . I can cut a 20 x 25mm chase across a floor in 10 mins included breaking out the centre.. saves me a fortune in time.

Sponsored Links
Just to add, I hired a chaser and vac from HSS today to do the 20m or so that i needed. I got the Bosch one (only 900w) and I was done in 90 minutes bearing in mind i had never used one before and had to keep stopping to rest (hard work kneeling along for a couple of horizontal chases!) and offerin the wife words of encouragement to keep her stripping the walls. With the vac going there was no dust at all which was excellent. I'm fortunate in that all my walls are about 13-15mm deep with bonding/plaster so it didnt have to work too hard on much brick.

An excellent bit of kit though and if i ever need to do anything like that again i'll not hesitate.

I bought this very wall chaser from Screwfix, I was unsure about the brand as I personally like Dewalt. However I did not want to spend a fortune as it is not going to be the most used tool in my box. I was very impressed at the value for money, tool, good carry case, 2 diamond discs, spanners, spare brushes etc. And a 2 year warranty!

It did the job well, only problem was it killed my 15 year old Henry vacuum cleaner, I should have used a bag in the hoover!

Good tool for the money,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back