El cheapo wall chaser anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears that Aldi are doing a cheap wall chaser soon for under £40.

Its more powerful than a metabo, it cuts deeper than a metabo and has a 3 year warranty & is cheaper than a metabo.

The important thing is the 3 year warranty :D :D ;D
(Because once you have used it a few time you may need to take it back :LOL:

But hey, for DIY in bricks it should be OK, certainly not for tradesmen.

Sponsored Links
don't bother i had one last time they did them used once then discarded.

purposeless useless and poor.

I'd rather use an angle grinder when a bolster and lump hammer wouldn't do.

What went wrong with it then?

And if it went wrong why did you not take it back to the suppliers as unfit for purpose?

If Aldi are giving a 3 year warranty then I would expect it to cut to 40mm depth & last for 3 years.
AFAIK If it did not I would be entitled to return it

Sponsored Links
I was planning to buy a Metabo chaser, but when I saw the price on a Ferm machine from Screwfix I decided to get one of those instead.

It turned out to be a useless, powerless tool and cheap as it was, very poor value for money.

Hired an industrial grade high powered wall chaser once, never again, they're awkward, heavy and hard to guide in a straight line. Just use an angle grinder.

I've got a pro chaser and even with pucka dust extraction the filth gets everywhere - you can't control the dust effectively. Only ever used now on the first fix, forget it when a property is occupied. If you want to chase channels get a SDS+ channel chasing chisel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back