Wall Hung Toilet And Waste Pipe Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a waste pipe aligned on the wall which is approx. 110cm from the stack itself. The problem I have is the waste pipe is sitting too low to the new outlet of the wall hung bracket due to my old toilet not being wall hung.

If I raise the frame up I will be about 100mm out on the waste connection so trying to figure out how to connect this up. Its tempting to increase the angle on the waste pipe itself but I think the gradient may be too steep if that was the case..

The other option is to move the toilet across the wall where the basin is and swap them around - this was there may be just enough room to then get the waste pipe on the toilet aligned with the main pipe itself. This will mean increasing the waste pipe by about one metre or so - 2m distance from the waste stack now. If I do it this way around I will have to then connect the basin waste to the waste pipe itself which I am not sure if it is allowed or not? At the moment its on a seperate run to the stack under the floor...

Just trying to work out which way is best - I will have a 90 coming out and down from the toilet and then almost immediately have another 90 to connect it up with the waste pipe which I don't think is ideal at all..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back