WALL INSULATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO EVERYONE HAVE JUST JOINED AND HERE IS MY FIRST QUESTION I WANT TO INSULATE MY HOUSE WALLS THEY ARE GRANITE 60 CM I WAS THINKING OF USING LOFT INSULATION WHICH COMES ON A ROLL. I WAS WONDERING IF IT AS GOOD AS THE PROPER WALL INSULATION WHICH COMES IN SHEETS. THE TWO SORTS I AM LOOKING AT HAVE THE SAME R RATING AND THICKNESS BUT THE ROLL IS HALF THE PRICE. I DON’T MIND CUTTING THE ROLL TO SIZE IF THAT IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE
LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR COMMENTS

ANTONY

PS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS

Sponsored Links
If R ratings are the same,then the only considerations are cost and suitability for the job.

Generally a quilt will require a frame to fit between (with the timber frame forming a thermal bridge), whereas a solid board will be a continuous layer of insulation

But loft insulation is not designed for vertical installation - it will sag or compress downwards

In order of effectiveness for similar thicknesses - polystyrene, styrofoam, rockwool, fibreglass quilt, PIR or PUR foam board (eg Celotex)

THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY I THINK I WILL USE THE SHEET FORM AS I MIGHT GET COLD SPOTS IF THE ROLL COMPRESSES TO THE BOTTOM OF THE WALL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back