wallpaper joint

I

imamartian

today i've wallpaper a wall in the lounge. Problem is, one wall i've left the joint between the papers open...so a golden themed paper has a white line down it..... i tried a pencil in the gap and this only touches the sides, not the white paper...

Is there anything i can do?

Some sort of golden paste, spread into the gap?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
I've seen decorators have this problem and have resorted to felt tip pens. Got any kids you can pinch from?

wallpaper joint eh,
wont burn properly will it?

as ladylola,think you need to find a correct pencil/pen and do your best to blend it in,or strip paper off and redo.

I used to paint and exhibit pictures. You know, the modern art stuff that people just laugh at if they dont understand what it is. :LOL:

Anyway all of this came in handy after I re-trained as a decorator. My very first wallpaper job was done using very striking, but cheap wallpaper that shrunk terribly and left one or two wide gaps.
Well thankfully, I had kept my artist paints and remembered how to mix colours, so I touched in the line with a fine brush.
was a Pretty successful fix, but thankfully the only time that I have ever had to do so.

If you buy or borrow some gold artist acrylic paint and a fine brush, and proceed with caution, it may just work

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. i tried a sharp pencil as a test and all it did was to mark the sides of the paper, and not the white wall underneath !!!

So i had an idea... what if i found a cotton thread the same colour as the base colour on the paper (or similar)... would it work if i soaked that in glue and ran that into the gap?

One can only try, in a situation like this, there wont be a stock answer.
But you sound imaginative enough that you should find a solution. the problem is no one will notice it but every time you look at that wall you will cringe :)

One can only try, in a situation like this, there wont be a stock answer.
But you sound imaginative enough that you should find a solution. the problem is no one will notice it but every time you look at that wall you will cringe :)

Exactly... if ever a post hit the nail on the head (lol)..... you just have,,,

With all DIY i have ever done i see the joints orthe nick, or the tear etc,,,,

Thanks... !!

Im a decorator and this problem is happening quite often even with the expensive papers. i have now started taking a role of paper to the nearest dulux decorator centre or BnQ and get them to magic eye the main colour of the paper and mix colour up for me and paint the wall. This solves the problem very well indeed. :mrgreen:

Im a decorator and this problem is happening quite often even with the expensive papers. i have now started taking a role of paper to the nearest dulux decorator centre or BnQ and get them to magic eye the main colour of the paper and mix colour up for me and paint the wall. This solves the problem very well indeed. :mrgreen:

Thanks... good to know even the pro's can experience the odd problem !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back