Wallpaper Mess...

KC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am remodeling my bathroom....and in the process of removing the old wallpaper..discovered that the wallpaper, paste/glue, etc...was applied directly to the plywood around the bathtub/shower. The tub surround sheets were applied directly to this wood as well. No sheetrock...nothing....plywood walls. Needless to say....ive gotta mess. aside from all the obvious problems I'm dealing with...I CAN'T GET THE WALLPAPER JUNK UNDER THE PAPER TO COME OFF !!!....sorry. Needed to scream..oh wait, Ive been doing that for weeks now. Anyone know a way of getting this stuff off. DIF doesnt touch it. Ive scraped til my arms are killin me...and I seriously dont wanna try steam cus of potential damage to the plywood. Would it be a serious no no in the remodeling world..to just scrape what i can...sand...spackle ( or whatever ya call it) and paint the heck out of whats left. Btw, my "soon to be ex-mother in law"...had this done. I can still hear the guy who did this gigglin his butt off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

KC

Sponsored Links
It might be easier to board over the ply walls and remaining wallpaper with very thin plywood again.That way you would have flat smooth sufaces to paper onto.Hope this helps.

thank you !! I was thinking that might be easier.....and now I know I wasnt too far off base. I appreciate yur time very much. :D

KC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back