Wallpaper over Wallrock Thermal Liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

we are thinking about laying Wallrock Thermal Liner (KV600) to improve the insulation in some of our rooms.
Additionally, we wanted to put some mural wallpaper on top of it and with that, I wanted to seek some advice on a few questions. I've read that it is advisable to put wallrock lining paper on top of the thermal liner before laying a wallpaper and this is what we also consider.

- the wall is painted at the moment with white matt paint - do we need to prime the wall in some special way before applying the paste for the thermal liner?
- what would be the recommended adhesive/paste to use with the wallpaper on top of the lining paper?
- if we decide to remove the wallpaper in the future, how easy it is to strip just the wallpaper from thermal liner + lining paper? Or would we need to strip it all the way?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Size the Matt with wallpaper paste mixed thinly.
I'd then recommend ready mixed paste to hang the thermal liner, then ready mixed paste and cross line the lining paper. I would then size the lining paper once it is dry.
I've used mural papers before and they usually require the paste the wall ready mixed paste.
To remove in future it'd be best to try and leave the lining paper on the wall. I think it would be really difficult to take the lining paper off without the thermal paper coming away. Best would be simply wetting it and hope it just pulls off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back