Want to change my old Fuse box

sorry, didthathurt was on about PIR's which threw me..

thanks for clearing that up though.. since I don't do domestic I haven't bothered to bone up on part P since it didn't affect me yet.. I suppose it does now that i've bought a house..

I also thought it came in last April.. or was that just a re-working of it.?

when DID it come in then?

Sponsored Links
isn't that the right to bear arms?

fith is right to not incriminate yourself..
fourth is freedom of speach..
what's 2 and 3 then??

Sponsored Links
I think one of the things I was getting at was the bit about just wiring a plug socket into where it was cut and confirming that bit was, as I think we all suspected, a spur off a JB in the ring.

The PIR bit was that a non BCO appointed tester could only issue a PIR and not an Installation or Minor Works Certificate and could not legally carry out the Part P Building Control notification/registration process as they did not carry out the work. A PIOR tester would not know of the existence of the JB's unless the poster informed the tester - in which case this would be noted on the test certificate as a category 2 (probably,ie requires attention/improvement) and a category 4 (non 16th compliant) Observation/Reccomendation. If he did not notify the tester, then the PIR would implicitly exclude the JB's from its scope. Therefore (sorry it's taken so long to get here) even a PIR would leave the poster with un-registered notifiable work having taken place, carried out by him in contravention of Building Regs that he would have to disclose to a future purchaser and may be liable for problems arising from it in the future if he did not do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back