Wanted - RF remote switch, no neutral... does one exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I'm trying to track down one of these. It needs to be RF not IR as there is no clear path to the switch. The nearest thing I can find so far is one of these, but it works on occupancy sensor and I want a remote controlled switch (on/off) which can be retrofitted at switch with no need for receiver. Am I asking too much??

http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/H...+Wireless+RF+Switch+&+Sensor+White/2627260877

I've had a quick trawl of the interweb, but didn't find anything

Any ideas most welcome

Thanks
SB

Sponsored Links
I think you'll struggle SB, and to be honest even if you could find one, it would likely not be compatable with low energy lamps, or at least cause them to flicker in an annoying manner when switched off as it has to power itself from somewhere.

It might be best to blank off the switch, get a system that uses a standalong reciever which can be placed in a dryline circular box behind the fitting, and if control from the wall is also required, then you can get a system that has the option of a sender that is modeled on a standard switch. The MK echo range is suitable for this but isn't cheap!

thanks Adam - I feared that was the case. Why I can't fit a architrave switch on a surface box just outside the room is beyond me (the existing switch is behind the books on some purpose built books shelves), but the customer thinks they look 'municipal' - must have £ to burn...

;)

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back