Warmaline and beyond!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My Summer Project is to redecorate our place. However I am a novice at certain things so would appreciate someone's help please.

On some of the outside walls we have mould, so I want to use Warmaline. So is this right:
1. Take off old wallpaper
2. Get rid of mould
3. Put on Warmaline
4. Lining Paper
5. Paint

Questions:
1. Do I need to do anything before I put Warmaline on?
2. Are there any tricks to putting Warmaline on?
3. Generally - are there any tricks to wallpapering rooms? (Which we will then paint over).
4. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
David

Al

Sponsored Links
You have to find out why you have the mould in the first place. Putting up waramline is not the be all and end all of this. Usually its condensation, lack of ventilation and none movement of air. This causes air to stand still usually in corners or near the ceiling due to warderobes and other obstacles. Warm air that touches a cold surface will condense and cause mould. Depends how old the house is to determine why the problem is there.

"This causes air to stand still usually in corners ... due to warderobes. Warm air that touches a cold surface will condense and cause mould."

Well that is the problem with one section - sadly we can't put the wardrobe anywhere else! So what else can we do?

Thanks.

It's unlikely you'll have a problem. The warmline is too warm for condensation to settle.

Sponsored Links
If you cant get any ventilation the area like inserting a vent or airbrick then the warmline might be the only thing you can do to warm the surface up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back