Was cooking dinner and the indesit k3e1WG just cut out!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my indesit cooker is nearly a year old at the end of this month actually. No problem till today. Suddenly everything just stopped. light went off and hobs cooled down. I checked fuse box and all okay has something blown inside the cooker itself? I am hunting for the mannual but read that these indesits break down often at just a year old!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Switch off at the wall then check where the mains cable enters the cooker, sometimes you get a loose wire and it burns out the terminal block.

thanks fidom will do that. does it mean I will need new terminal block is that expensive? The wall on off switch is not working either so what does that mean? That the whole thing has blown?

Also if I switch off at mains does that mean the cooker is completely off? new fuse box has special cooker switch.

Sponsored Links
If the cooker switch on the wall is not working the problem probably is in there. The thick wires that power the cooker need good tight connections at every junction between the consumer unit and the cooker. If any of these wires was not screwed in tight enough in a terminal it will eventually overheat and burn through.

thank you for your time fidom I live council house so have phoned them to come out and check the switch it is gonna take three days. Have opened the plates on the wall and where the wires go into the cooker. All look well connected. Am using the camping stove much to kids amusement in meantime!

When you said the switch on the wall was not working, I assumed you meant it has a neon which is not lighting up. Is this the case or is there some other way you can tell it's not working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back