Washing Machine / Dish Washer Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've currently got a washing machine, and I've got a Cold Water Pipe connected, with a waste pipe.
I'm looking to getting a Small Dish Washer, which would fit on top of the washing machine, and I want to basically know, If I Can get a 'Double Ended' pipe so, that It can 'Share' the Cold Water tap, and then get a double ended 'Waste' Pipe.

Is this possible?

I've attached a Photo.
Please take a look, it might help.
Sorry about the rubbish quality picture!

Sponsored Links
Yes u can. You need a y piece to connect on the end of the pipe with the blue valve. Then connect the two cold fills to the end hence it's called a y piece cost about 2 quid. The stand pipe you need the same thing but it's s cap that fits on the pipe and has 2 spurts coming off it to connect the 2 waste pipes to , don't know what that's called poss double waste cap for a stand pipe.

Yes u can. You need a y piece to connect on the end of the pipe with the blue valve. Then connect the two cold fills to the end hence it's called a y piece cost about 2 quid. The stand pipe you need the same thing but it's s cap that fits on the pipe and has 2 spurts coming off it to connect the 2 waste pipes to , don't know what that's called poss double waste cap for a stand pipe.

I Can't seem to find anything on Google.
Do you have a Link to somewhere on Amazon, or B n Q?

Sponsored Links
Will that fit onto the Cold Water Pipe?
Looks a Bit BIG!

Yes it will fit just turn blue tap off unscrew old inlet pipe then screw the single end on the pipe, the doulble end then screw the dw then the Wm pipe. Can't find a pic of the waste cap with 2 spurts on them I've seen them ask in a plumb shop.

I had the same issue as the OP, and in fact the 'Viking Hat' illustrated by the previous reply is fine if you don't also have a sink that you want to drain too - but if you have all three - i.e. a dishwasher, a washing machine and a sink - then you probably need this - a McAlpine WM11 - here's their listing for one at eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/McAlpine-Dome...Plumbing_MJ&hash=item4aa7707f29#ht_698wt_700. They were v helpful on the phone and had the best price - result!

Hope that helps the next Googler for 'how to drain a washing machine and dishwasher and sink using a Y connector or joint outlet' :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back