Washing machine installation in a basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to install a washing machine in a basement room. The problem is that the waste outlet is about 150cm off the floor and goes directly outside to the drain at the same level. Will a washing machine on the floor with a non-return waste pipe be able to pump the waste water up to this level and safely outside the house? Or do I need a separate pump? Any ideas how much one would cost?
The other idea is to construct a platform about one metre off the floor and put the washing machine on top of that.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanking you in advance,
Elliott

Sponsored Links
should do, but not that well,

dont put it on a platform, thats just silly

I had a similar challenge installing a hairdressers sink in a cellar. The cheapest solution I came up with was to use a kitchen waste bin as a sump and put a sump pump in it with a float switch. Whole lot cost about £40 and has been working for over a year dispite having to deal with hair and nasty chemicals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back