Washing Machine zanussi zwx1605w tripping fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have two year old zanussi zwx1605w Washing machine.
about 2/3 time before it also happened. that suddenly all the plug socket's fuse trips while Washing machine running. I have closed all the other appliances etc. and only ran washer and the washer is definitely the culprit.

it runs for while trips again. in past incidence it was sorted after 2/3 times.

Today it won't run i.e. runs for while and trip the fuse.

Do you know what could be the problem?

regards

Sponsored Links
please describe the "fuse" that trips.

What letters and numbers are on it.

Sorry for not clearing my point in first post and terminology.

OK what I meant was , By the electric meter there is fusebox with 6 fuses switches that can be on/off (up/down) and one of them is for all the sockets in house.

What happens is that the washing machine trips (set to off) the fuse. I have to go to Fusebox and manually turn the switch up.

there is no letter or number on washing machine as it just disconnects.

I guess its a bit clear now.

the thing that trips is not a fuse.

It is most likely a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)

All MCBs have numbers and letters on them

For example, here is a B40, a 30A, a B10 and a B20

What's written on yours? The one that trips?

8377_1.JPG

3c62_1.JPG

(the number is on that red button)

83f9_1.JPG

b20e_1.JPG

There is also a device called an RCD. Not everyone has it. It is usually twice as wide as any of the MCBs and has a "T" or "Test" button on it
10c7_1.JPG

Sponsored Links
here are the images of my main board

Noname1.jpg

full image

Noname.jpg

the GREY one is tripping when washing machine is running.
It does not do all the time. but happens when washing is running

It is not a fuse.

It is not even an MCB

It is the RCD. its purpose is to trip when there is a current leaking to earth. This commonly happens when a cable is damaged, or when water gets onto live electric parts. the RCD's job is to protect you from the risk of electric shock.

It is quite likely that you have a water leak in your appliance, though it might be that some wiring has got damaged.

You might consider taking it apart and looking for the damage yourself, or getting a repairman. A water leak is often visible if you look underneath the appliance (you may have to tip it over to look). some washing machines shake about during spinning, and this can chafe wires inside.

Thanks JohnD for detailed explanation.

I have opened the top of washing machine. and looked around there is no water inside.

I have been some of the post here and somebody mentioned one of the cause could be faulty heating element.

how does a heating element look like? :oops:

I can not open the back of machine to see the motor, as it is fixed to body i.e. no screws to open :confused:

Is there any place I can download/view a service manual for this model?

regards

Have a look at the top of //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

If you are not used to mending these things and the fault is not obvious, it might be a bit tricky.

Last time I had a w/m repaired I wondered afterwards if I might not have done better to put the cost towards a replacement. If times are hard you often see people flogging quite a new one when they rebuild their kitchen with integrated appliances.

I don't think the heating element will be visible as it will be inside the tub that the drums is inside. It might be possible to find connections and pull them off to test for resistance but I am not experienced in mending washing machines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back