Washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just kidding :cool:

.......won't empty, due to the drain being blocked. Drain from washing machine connected to trap under sink and as the waste is completely solid it's not going anywhere.

Physically removed and cleaned as much of the waste as is accessible and I don't really want to start taking the kitchen apart. All the drains are internal to a central stack as far as I can see.

Is there a a decent chemical on the market that can be used to clear the blockage?

Appreciate it if anyone can recommend one.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not with zero flow. Boiling water helps if there is some flow.

ok. Thanks for that. I'll get the kettle on and see if I can work it through a bit.

Just remembered - as you do at 1:30 am - if you have a wallpaper steam stripper take the pad off and shove the hose down the drain. Eventually it all gets hot and melts the white goo - if you can reach it.

Sponsored Links
Chris.

I put some blockage remover down last night before I left the job. Bought the strongest stuff I could find from the local shed. Wasn't sure if it would work, hence my opening post. Just been back to check, and it's all clear now.

I shall make a note of your second idea though.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back