Washing walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be painting the exterior of my house which is rough render, so should i wash the walls down with a pressure washer at a moderate power before i start painting.
is there anything that i could put in the water bottle of the pressure washer that could be applied to the walls to make removing green algae easier and quicker?

Sponsored Links
A mild bleach solution can be used to remove/kill the algae but I wouldn't recommend putting neat bleach into the pressure washer bottle for washing walls because you won't have control of the spray as you would if you were washing the floor, for example.

I like to use an old roller dipped into a bucket of the bleach solution and applied to the walls, leave for half an hour and then use the pressure washer to rinse it off.

Of course, you could substitute the bleach solution for a fungicidal wash, which is purposely designed for the job and removes the stubborn stuff better, but bleach is cheaper and goes a lot further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back