Wastes for sink, dishwasher and washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't believe that this question has not been asked before, but I have searched many a forum and cannot find it.

I am having trouble designing a waste solution for kitchen sink, DW & WM. I will explain my situation.

The waste stack is on the left hand wall of my kitchen. One metre away from the wall (right) will be the sink. To the right of the sink will be the dishwasher and then comes the washing machine. ie, both appliances are after the sink.

I know that I can get an undersink waste with two appliance spigot connections, but cannot believe that the waste pipe from the WM will reach around the DW and then into the cabinet to connect to the trap whilst still having enough slack to pull the machine out from the wall. I can see that if the two appliances were either side of the sink, this would not be an issue, but would prefer not to have it this way.

So, I picture the waste pipe coming from the soil stack and meeting the trap under the sink, then maybe continuing the pipe and putting in two tee pieces, behind each appliance, with waste nozzles coming out of the tees, but then how would I terminate the pipe after the two tee pieces?

If I have to give-in and change my intended arrangement, I will, but it would be great if someone could think of something!

Sponsored Links
Why do you need a Tee behind the washing machine? Can't you use an elbow so there is no open end to terminate?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Attach waste from nearest appliance to spigot on sink waste, (providing this gives you enough slack on the hose). Take your 40mm waste from stack, connect sink waste on a Tee, then continue behind 1st appliance and fit a standpipe on the end to accept 2nd appliance waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back