2 appliances and sink - how to connect waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm wanting to connect kitchen sink, washing machine and dishwasher to my single system soil stack

how would you recommend i do this?

I have seen kitchen sink traps with appliance connections but guess these are only for 1 appliance.

I have also seen the appliance waste traps i.e.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/18640/Plumbing/Wastes-and-Traps/Washing-Machine-Trap-40mm

It would probably be too much waste to connect all three to one waste pipe into the soil stack, so would you just run the kitchen sink on its own and then both washing machine and dishwasher waste feeding into the same appliance waste trap (or have an appliance waste trap for each and connect them together with a Y)

or connect one appliance to the sink trap and another to an appliance trap?are the sink traps with appliance waste connections any good?

or would you connect them all some other way?

Sponsored Links
IMHO I would avoid any sort of undersink waste coupling device.
You will me better off with a completly separate waste pipe for each appliance.

You can get a trap with 2 appliance connections. Cant see any on the screwfix site try a plumbers merchants.

Sponsored Links
I have a trap with two appliance connections for my washing machine and dish washer.

I've not had any problems with draining the sink and having the appliances on at the same time.

Bought it from B&Q.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back