Sink Waste Pipe Connection

24 Oct 2023
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I have a McAlpine Double Appliance Trap White 40mm that connects my sink to the waste pipe, with one appliance waste connection.

I needed to have two appliance connections, so I upgraded to this -

The problem is now that as the ubend is slightly longer, it doesnt match up with the height of the existing waste pipe.

Therefore I need a flexihose to connect to the ubend to the waste pipe to replace the part in circled in RED.

Any ideas what part would work ?


Sponsored Links
Nope, don't use a flexi, recipe for disaster. Those parts of the trap may be a non standard sizes but you could try a male 11/2" end to fit that female nut but it also has to fit tight over the flange.

Is the new outlet higher than existing pipework?
Sponsored Links
1. Its a height adjustable trap.
2. Slacken the large nut above the longer leg of the U, and move the U up or down as required, then retighten the same large nut.
3. With luck, you should be able to match the height with the existing pipe.
4. If it doesn't work I'd strongly recommend you have the waste pipe height altered (i.e. hole in wall re-drilled and old made good) rather than bodge it with what would probably be an uphill connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local