Water getting into conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't sure where to put this but as it is about water ingress I plumped for the roofing forum.

My conservatory has a leak, it is 13 years old, see pictures.

Looks to me like it is getting in either under the sealant on the wall, or under the sealant bead that runs vertically an inch or two away from the wall. Which is more likly? Or could it be somewhere else?

(the widow is open to dry off the water, it is usually closed).

Attachments

• inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 31
  • P1070064.JPG
    P1070064.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1070065.JPG
    P1070065.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1070066.JPG
    P1070066.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
I got up on a ladder and had a look at the cover piece and it seemed okay. Whilst I was there put some more sealant over bits that might not have been 100% good. So far it seems to have stopped the leak.

But the leak happened after a few days of very heavy rain coming from the North East, which it seldom does. The area in question is very well sheltered from the usual direction that the rain comes from. I am wondering if the leak could actually be water seeping through rain soaked render? The render is around 50 years old. If that is a possibility would something like Thompson's Water Seal be the way to go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back