Water Goes Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with my water!

The boiler pressure had dropped to zero recently but I got it back up to 1.25 to 1.5ish (Worcester Bosch combi) where it stayed.

Now, when I turn on a hot tap, almost instantly the pressure gauge on the boiler drops to 1 and after a few minutes of hot water coming out of the tap the water turns colder. I turn off the tap and the pressure gauge quickly springs back up to 1.25ish, where it started, the water stays cold.

I can't see any leaks around the house.

Anyone advice on what to look for?

Sponsored Links
I’d certainly feel the flow pipe underneath to make sure it’s not circulating around the heating circuit

Thanks for the advice. Checked this morning and, although the ignition kicks in none of the pipe work underneath warms up

Attachments

• Polish_20230628_071335040.jpg
    Polish_20230628_071335040.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It's normal for the pressure to shift when the pump goes on and off, and go up a little when the boiler heats up.

If you find the boiler stops and starts with a low- medium hot water flow, it'll probably be the hot water heat exchanger clogged, (assuming your boiler has one, which model is it?)
The hw would go hot to cold and repeat.

Sponsored Links
Afternoon and to update on this. Yes, the heat exchange plate is clogged, badlyit seems, so is being replaced.
Thanks for the answers and help here

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back