Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I look after a church and the water heating system is terrible. There are three small electric water heaters which give tiny amounts of hot water.

I’d like to replace them with one gas fired heater but I have no idea what to look for. (I want to know what we need and ask a couple pf gas safe engineers for quotes, I’ll not touch gas work myself).

I think something along the lines of a combi boiler without the central heating part would be perfect. It would need to supply 7 wash hand basins in the toilets and 2 sinks in the kitchen. Does such a device exist?

Sponsored Links
Intergas boilers can be run as water heaters, and you'll get a longer warranty than with a standalone water heater. Look at the Rapid or the ECO RF.

You'll need listed building consent before you can put a gas boiler in. Might be better off upgrading the electric water heater if possible. Are you able to obtain photos of the electric supply & distribution board?

Sponsored Links
Intergas boilers can be run as water heaters, and you'll get a longer warranty than with a standalone water heater. Look at the Rapid or the ECO RF.
You'll need listed building consent before you can put a gas boiler in. Might be better off upgrading the electric water heater if possible. Are you able to obtain photos of the electric supply & distribution board?
Thanks, no listed building consent as it is not listed, it is about 90 years old. The reason for going for gas is that the usage varies a lot, not used for a few days then constant use for a day. Instantaneous is better than storage for this and gas is more economical. I've looked at Rapid, ECO RF and Rinnai so can see a good choice. I did not have a clue who made anything like these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back