water leak in the kitchen - flooring a mess!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I had a little disaster with my washing machine a couple of months ago and it leaked all over the floor. But what I didn't realise at the time was that the water got beneath the lino. :oops:

Now I've come to put down new flooring I've discovered that all the vinyl marley tiles have gone funny!! By this I mean - I took up the old lino washed the floor (It was nasty) then went to bed ready to put the new stuff down the next day.

BUT when I woke up all the tiles on the floor had curled away from the bitumen! Do I have to get the floor re-leveled??? Or is there something I can use to stick them back?

Would be VERY grateful if you could help!!!! Thanks!
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
you shouldn't lay on tiles anyway. Take them up. Very easy with large scraper and then make sure floor is dry and put a leveling compound down. And i guess you mean vinyl not lino as this is very rare in domestic kitchen and would of been fully bonded to subfloor. hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back