Water meter changed today but now no hot water??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had a few problems with my boiler and hot water before but got them sorted and all was working well.
Today however, the water board fitted a new water meter externally, and when I have come to run a bath there was initial spluttering of the hot water (a brown colour) then ice cold water. I now have no hot water whatsoever. The boiler doesn't seem to "kick in as it normally would" when the hot tap is turned on.

Is this simply a coincidence or would it have anything to do with the water meter fitting today??

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it?

If you got some brown crud out of the tap, there could be some got stuck in the DHW flow switch etc.

Its a vaillant turbomax plus, combi boiler. Anything I can do to get it going again, or do i need to call out the professionals??

Sponsored Links
I go out to repairs for anglian water board after they fit meters. sounds like the inlet filter is blocked on the diverter valve the repairs are covered by the water board, give them a ring

Anglian customers are lucky.

I know a Thames customer who was getting about 1 CC of sand every 10 minutes from the cold supply after the street mains were renewed.!

Thames refused to help and he had to have a £3000 new service pipe from the street.

Unfortunately he was an Asian fellow and was ( unusually ) not very argumentative and would not take them to Court. They took advantage of him.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back