water not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently bought a house in Italy and installed a new Central heating system. (the old one was Diesel) This was done by reputable installers and cost us Euro 13 000. However the water in the downstairs bathroom and kitchen is 37° and even colder upstairs.!!!! Sorry not hot enough in the cold winters, especially coming from Africa.

The system consists of a 23kw gas boiler Frisquet Hydromotrix along with a wood burning stove (thermo stufa.) The 200L water tank , radiators and running water can be heated by either system independently or a combination of both. The plumbers say I should always have hot water as it is heated by the gas boiler which is set a maximum. (although they say this functions only for the radiators). The house is about 180 m sq split between two levels, each level has it's indivual pumps. The outside boiler room is abut 18 m from the bathroom and kitchen

We ran the gas side of the system on gas bottles for a year, and were told that this was the reason the water was not hot enough. Ayear later we are finally hooked up to mainline gas and the problem still exists.

Any Suggestions to resolving the problem as I am at my wits end and winter is nigh?

Grateful

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back