water ok but heating won't kick in (electronic prob poss?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have British Gas UP1 controller and RC1/WR1 set up.
The system kicks in fine for the water but not for heating.
Even when thermostat set high, CH switched to ON nothing happens.
When the water is on the pump is running and the valve stays on on the tank side -all OK.
If I turn the water off and then swtich heating on - pump stays off, no vavle movement - no nothing!
The WR1 is definitley received signal from RC1, the green 'heating on' light is on. The light for heating is on the UP1 but nothing starts.
I thought the programmer was perhaps on the blink so tried a new UP2 on the same back plate but this makes no difference.
What could be faulty, I dont want to change parts that are probably ok?
Any help would be appreciated, wife is doing her nut!
Thanks, Tony

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the WR1 has failed, i've changed loads for that fault.

Before buying one take it off and link it out to prove (L - 3)

Thanks for the info. The heating come on out of the blue but only for a few hours so somethign is wrong. If I replace the WR1 do I need to replace the RC1?
Thanks, Tony

no but you will need to sync them up, it comes with instructions.

I'd be testing it before changing it though, just remove it and link L - 3 as i described earlier.

Sponsored Links
RC1 was faulty. Replaced like for like Drayton part as back plat was thje same. All is now all ok thank you.
Big price difference online v merchants. Ebay sellying for about £55, cheapest merchant cash sale was £89+vat....
Nevermind all working now and wife happy. (until next thing goes wrong of course!!

I have a BG smart linked system but my wr1 box lights are not coming on at all and no heating. does this mean box is broken?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back