Water only comes through hot if taps on high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi combi boiler about 5 years old.

Last week the water in the shower stopped coming through hot. I tried the bath tap and this came through hot after 20 secs. I then tried the shower and it came through hot - it stays hot when I turn the bath tap off, it just needs it to 'kick start'.

The only way I can get the shower to go hot is to run the bath tap first. The sink upstairs only gets hot if I have the pressure on full.

We have just started using the central heating again after the summer, maybe this has had an effect.

The central heating works fine. The downstairs taps seem to need to be on high to go hot.

The boiler pressure is between 1 and 2.5 as recommended.

Baxi boiler 105e

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
It sounds as though the hot water diaphragm is perished. This is very common and is easily repairable. If you are not diy oriented, I would recommend getting an RGI in to effect the repair, and possibly to give the boiler a good service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back