Water Pressure decrease

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I need some help, well rather my son does.
He has a Potterton Combi 100 fitted in his kitchen which is on the ground floor. It throws out amazing heat in the radiators and hot water on the lower floor and also the sink in the bathroom. The problem starts when he runs a bath.
The water will initially come out hot for about 10 seconds then the water seems to loose pressure, then nothing at all. However if you leave the tap open and run the sink tap the water starts to trickle again from the bath tap, but when the sink tap is turned off the bath tap hot water will stop stop.

I have noticed that the water on the ground floor in the kitchen appears to be airiated (Spelling not sure.) and appears white until it settles, i am sure this is air and not lime as we live in a very low lime scale area.

Could anyone out there please help, the landlord is a tossa and wont do anything about the problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back