Water pressure regulators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at adding a direct water feed system, to my tourer caravan, for use on what they call 'a fully serviced pitch', one where a mains tap can be found next to each pitch. Which would mean that the plumbing in my caravan, would be subjected to the mains pressure, were it not for the inclusion of a pressure regulator in the pipe.

You can actually buy a ready made item for this, tap connector, length of pipe, then a combined regulator adaptor unit [1], which simply plugs in where you would normal have the pump plug in, and drop the pump in the water barrel. Which means the long, very flexible pipe, is under constant mains pressure...

Rather than buy the ready made unit, I was thinking to make one up, using item [1], a length of pipe, then buy a pressure regulator/reducer, which fits directly on the tap itself. These last items are quite commonly available, usually sold for reducing the mains pressure for drip irrigation systems, but how good are they at limiting the pressure - anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't normally fall into the realms of domestic plumbing really, as they wouldn't be used in that setting so no real experience as to how they would perform.

You'd probably need to talk to a gardener who has used them.

That being said, after a quick look, there is one specifically for caravans which is designed exactly like a domestic PRV.

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, these types

1693915374815.png

Again then, more for gardeners etc, not something that would be looked at for domestic use, so would have no experience with them.

Again then, more for gardeners etc, not something that would be looked at for domestic use, so would have no experience with them.

Yep, that sort of thing - I just wanted to be sure they regulated the pressure, rather than simply restricting the flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back