Water Pressure to Undersink Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi All,

I have an Ariston under sink water heater installed in my kitchen. It is fed by a water supply from a water tank on my roof via an electric pump which switches on when it senses water flow ( at least I believe this is how the pump operates ).

A safety valve came with the heater and has recently started to leak from the nipple.
I replaced the valve for a new one which also started to leak, albeit very slowly, again from the nipple. I understand this to be normal but I need to deal with the leakage.

https://allaristonspares.co.uk/Ariston-Safety-Valve-1-2-2-Bar-411379-Eureka

Ariston-Safety-Valve-1-2-2-Bar-411379-Eureka

I then purchased a pressure regulator as I was told that I may have too much pressure.
I attached this and set the pressure for 2 bar. This seemed to work fine when the hot water sink tap was open but once closed, the pressure on the regulator rises to 8/9 bar. Should this be of concern?

valvula-reductora-de-presion-a-piston-rinoxdos

https://www.genebre.es/valvula-reductora-de-presion-a-piston-rinoxdos

The Ariston heater states 8 bar on a label fixed to it. I don't know if this is max pressure, suggested pressure or otherwise.

Do I need both a safety valve AND a pressure regulator fitted to the inlet connection of my water heater?

Can I connect a pipe from the nipple of the safety valve to my sinks drainage to deal with whatever leaks occur ?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful advice, suggestions or education!

Nicholas

Malta

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back