Water Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A few months ago I installed a water pump to boost the hot water pressure in my bathroom. I did it myself and it works OK but I am somehow concern about safety if there is a leak and touches the electrics. What can I do to make sure I do not get electrocuted?The earth cable is conected into the right place....Is that enough?

Sponsored Links
hows about having a qualified sparks look at it? 'nuff said

when the sparks gets there he'd be the best one to ask.

water, electricity, bathroom, danger

Sponsored Links
Earth cable connected from where does it come from fusebox or is it cross bonding and is there an rcd on your fusebox and does the circuit you wired the pump to on the rcd side

Earth cable connected from where does it come from fusebox or is it cross bonding and is there an rcd on your fusebox and does the circuit you wired the pump to on the rcd side
Can't wait to hear the answer to that one :LOL:

OK, I am not an expert electrician, just a "handy man". This is the deal, I have the boiler in a room inside the bathroom with the "emergency"system to heat up the water when you run out of hot water. I never used it so I did cut the cable and used it to connect the pump using the power and switch already installed for this emergency system. I have the main RCD box downstairs which cover the whole electric system in the house. Is this safe enough?

if by 'emergency' you mean immersion and you've wired a pump onto that circuit the fuse or breaker ratings are probably too high.

you're messing with things you don't really understand

If your fusebox has an rcd main fuse you are protected yeah if you hooked it up to the immersion heater circuit it is probably high on 16 amp probably if able change to 6 amp but if not don't worry you are safe enough

I will change it to 6 aps, I just followed my neighbour pump arrangement which was installed by a proper electrician but I still had doubts.THANKS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back