Water sealing bare block?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is for plastering or the building section.

I have built a shed single block thick and one side of it which backs onto the boundary hasn't been rendered so the blocks soak in water.

Apart from rendering which can't be done on this side because a fence hides half of the wall, whats the best sealnt to stop water penetration.

Something like Thompsons water seal or another brand, or could I use Everbuild blackjack (bitumen)

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to temporarily remove the fence, and work from that side to render the wall? Perhaps post a pic?

I can try and get a picture but the fence seems well secured and I don't think the neighbours would be too happy as I have had other fences down in the past to carry out a lot of building work that's why i was looking for alternative options.

Basically looking from their side it's a block wall 2m high and 2.4m wide and then the fence runs the full width of it through the boundary and is 1.5m high.
It's made from 4" wide timber lats with inch gaps between. At best I could get a roller down between the wall and fence. The blocks are pointed up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back