Water softner - BWT Perla any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a water softener and Harvey and Kinetico were the obvious choices based on feedback from friends and family.

However, I don't need twin tanks (night regeneration is fine) so was looking at other "simpler" models - not necessarily the cheapest and once that can take tablets as well as blocks

Does anyone have experience with BWT? It appears to be Austria based and their Perla Silk models look good on paper atleast and are in the region of £700 - £800 after current discounts.

Any feedback on this company will be useful.

On a different note, mine is a 2 bathroom (with shower) 4 adult household. Should I go for a model designed for that capacity or should I go a little bit higher e.g. a model designed for 6 adults and 3 bathrooms? The upfront cost for the larger capacity model in the case of BWT is just about £50 more so am tempted but are there any disadvantages? E.g. much higher salt consumption? I have the space for it so that's not an issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back