Waterproof render for shed walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm building a shed, from scratch, from pallets (well mostly). I have the base, and a frame all the way round made from radiator pallets which are quite tall with little wood on the them (great for the frame). I dismantled a load of other pallets for their wood, with the intention of routing the edges so that when I clad the outside of the frame, they'd butt together nicely. I canned that idea as it would have taken me yonks to do. So I've clad the outside of the walls with the wood, just putting the planks butted up against each other normally. as you'd expect, as I did, there will be small gaps here and there, and I reckon nowhere will it be waterproof. Is there any waterproof render I can buy that will both seal the wood, but also be thick enough to cover those gaps? Or, am I better off with creosote, and fill the gaps with an outdoor sealant? Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back