WAX On Leather Car Seats - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son made candles at his Cub pack and on the way home he spilled the liquid wax on my leather seat! :(

I have removed the majority of the wax however there is still a film remaining on the seat - anyone have any ideas on how to remove? :?:

Thx.

Sponsored Links
did you wait for it to go hard then peel it off?

i remember getting told that a few years ago - not about leather though*

your supposed to put it in the fridge until it goes hard then peel it off

with a car and current tempretures dont put it in the freezer just leave it outside and get up while its still frosty

(*this may have been regarding chewing gum)

sembhma said:
My son made candles at his Cub pack and on the way home he spilled the liquid wax on my leather seat! :(

I'm having trouble understanding how the wax was still hot enough to "spill" on the way home in the car.

OK, if leaving the car outside for the wax to become hard and brittle doesn't make it any easier to remove, then it could be because the leather is porous and the wax has gotten into it's porous surface.

As a last resort, pop down to any place listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages and explain that you need a solvent to dissolve candle wax. Normally, they sell such products for removing wax from carpets. However, it will be a solvent based product, and I really don't know if it would do any harm to the leather. So, maybe test it in an inconspicuous spot, first.

Sponsored Links
stric said:
Would't the old brown paper bag and iron trick work? it works on carpets.

Yes, that would certainly be worth a try, too. I've never removed wax from anything that way, but I have heard other people have with good success.

should work a treat, you may need a bit of leather restorer on it afterwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back