WB30CDI + WB Int Div Valve + OSO Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was going to buy the equipment detailed below but would like to get some advice/confirmation first if possible please from the engineers on here as to whether they would work together. Also, your opinion on whether this is a normal or unusual setup?

-Worcester Bosch 30CDI System Boiler
-Optional Internal Diverter Valve Kit (Apparently, this is required for when using the FW100)
-FW100 Controller (Mounted on wall remote from Boiler)
-Oso Super S Unvented Cylinder 300 Litre (or maybe OSO 20 RI with coils connected in series)

My house will be plumbed as a single gas central heating zone. No other heating or energy sources (i.e. no ufh or solar).

I read this thread which raised doubts in my mind as to the equipments compatability (subject around cylinder requiring a dry pocket):
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1951368#1951368

I'd be very grateful if someone could advise whether the above equipment would work correctly together.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Strange, because your other posts suggest you have a number of UFH zones, and separate radiator circuits. They also suggest you are fitting a Vaillant system solution.

Now you have no separate zones........ Have you moved in the last few months?

Or are you an installer fishing for advice from other professionals?

I'm an installer and would query why you'd want to use an OSO, when Bosch can sell you their own unvented which would be approved for G3 with the 30CDi system (it is a solar coiled one though).

If you use another unvented you are left finding room for the Worcester sensor, and also having to wire in your own high temp cut off valve.

If you aren't an installer, perhaps you need one to advise you, assuming you havent got gas ACS and G3 for unvented.

Strange, because your other posts suggest you have a number of UFH zones, and separate radiator circuits. They also suggest you are fitting a Vaillant system solution.

Now you have no separate zones........ Have you moved in the last few months?

Or are you an installer fishing for advice from other professionals?
Hi Simond, My house has no plumbing at all at the moment. I have extended and am also renovating the old part of the house. I was originally looking for multi zone setup including ufh, but after advice/guidance from here (on the other post you refer to) I have decided to keep it simple going for one CH zone for the whole house. I am not an installer. I want to have the best quality and engineered plumbing setup I can afford for my house.

I'm an installer and would query why you'd want to use an OSO, when Bosch can sell you their own unvented which would be approved for G3 with the 30CDi system (it is a solar coiled one though).
Again, based on advice I've read on this forum, I settled on the OSO cylinder. But as ever, I am open to advice from engineers as yourself to guide me away or towards a particular solution. With regards to WBs own cylinder, you mean the Greenstore TC cylinder ? Is this comparable in quality to the OSO?
If you use another unvented
you are left finding room for the Worcester sensor, and also having to wire in your own high temp cut off valve.
I think this is what they were referrirng to on the thread I linked to above - does the OSO have a 'dry pocket' to take the worcester sensor?

If you aren't an installer, perhaps you need one to advise you, assuming you havent got gas ACS and G3 for unvented.
I have an installer I will be using. I don't want to blindly take his recommendations, I'm trying to research before finalising with him what to install.

If you don't want to go 'blindly' on, I suggest you avoid the internet.

It is full of people with strong opinions - many of whom are not what they profess to be. That is the beauty of the net, you can be an expert in anything. For a while.

I respectfully request you decide on a budget, and a start date, and then get two experienced local installers to provide you with solutions.

People buy from people and you will have a much better idea who to trust when you have met them face to face. If they have an idea what you want to spend and know you could be a real customer, they will be prepared to take some (gratis) time with you.

I might be a professional heating installer (but then again this is the internet).

But..assuming I am for real, faced with this scenario I would earnestly recommend the best solution for the job, based on my experience and knowledge.

I am typical in that I wouldn't entertain quoting to fit equipment such as a boiler and cylinder supplied by the customer, or installing a system designed by a DIY bathroom fitter on a forum. And most of my contemporaries would be the same.

If you have an installer to hand who;
- you don't trust the judgement of
- is prepared to fit whatever equipment you give him (her)

I suspect he is your weakest link, rather than whether you end up with a Worcester or an OSO cylinder. [/i]

Sponsored Links
Good advice there. especially considering your last sentence on having an installer but no faith in his opinions.

you seem to be going about this totally a7se about face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back