Wc connector into soil stack loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a soul stack pipe in the bathroom with an i/d of bang on 110mm with a rubber seal. I bought a mcalpine 90* pan connector which said it was for 110mm soil pipes. However it is extremely loose, the o/d including the ribs is only just 110mm meaning it doesn't seal.

What's the solution here as looking online 110mm is the only connector size sold for a toilet wastes?

Sponsored Links
Is the existing pipe plastic? If you're trying to fit a finned pan connector tail into a 110mm socket, it will be loose. Either use a 110mm 'Pancon' which has a 110mm spigot tail to fit into the socket, (https://www.bes.co.uk/pancon-90-s-toilet-pan-connector-110mm-12720), or slot a short section of 110mm soil pipe into the socket, and then fit the finned connector into that.

That's what we're here for, glad to be of help.

In case you're not aware, if fitting a piece of 110mm into the socket, you must chamfer the leading edge of the pipe and lubricate the rubber seal slightly or it'll dislodge the seal.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just for closure I bought a length of waste pipe as suggested cut it down and it's all installed and working now. Happy days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back