Weeding a Gravel back garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a house with a large graveled back garden a few years ago. I have tried to keep the weeds at bay but now they are getting out of control.

There is grass and Japanese knot weed now trying to take over. I have been using a number of known brands of weed killer but nothing seems to be working.

Sponsored Links
If you are sure its knotweed then be wary and get it under control asap.

There are a number of dedicated killers for it which are most effective but are all licensed pesticides so not available to the general public. If you want to get someone in they will be able to treat it so that you will absolutely eradicate it but it will be expensive.

Generally to keep on top of it make clean cuts with sharp secateurs about a foot up from the ground and burn the cut stems. Then get some sbk brushkiller or other woody specific weedkiller and pour a little down the remaining stems.

It will take several seasons to properly eradicate and if its in an inconspicuous area ongoing management is realistically much easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back