Weed barrier and gravel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have gravel in my garden over a weed barrier. It must have been put down a good few years ago and heaps of weeds are coming through. I want to put different colour gravel down but really not up for digging the old stuff up. Can I rip out the weeds, put down a new weed barrier on top of the the old stuff and put new gravel down? Might be a stupid question but want to avoid any future problems

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had this. In my case the weed barrier was fine. The problem was that leaves fall on the gravel, rot down and wash down to the top of the weed barrier. Seeds readily germinate in that and not through the barrier. I suppose you could brush the gravel to one side and hose away the soil and put the gravel back, but it isn't a long term solution. As they were so shallow rooted I just wandered round with a hoe every so often

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll go for it and just keep an eye on the weeds.

Don't mind doing it every now and then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back