weeds in block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Does anyone know an effective way to clear weeds, I sprayed them about a month ago with a hand gun type killer and it worked but it was back braking!!
they are all back now and I cant face doing it that way again!!

Sponsored Links
"Pathclear"

it's a weedkiller which also prevents new seeds germinating for several months.

You'll need to use gallons of it, in a watering can, so buy the powder (it works out very expensive if you use the premixed liquid).

For safety, get a red or orange can and reserve it for weedkiller use.

IIRC a couple of weeks, it goes down to the roots. Faster in sunny weather.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that
i have weeded it all by hand again - but now want to put something down to stop regrowth if you can help please?

I still use Pathclear or other Path weedkillers. I got some stuff in green packets as a Tesco Own-brand this year.

I gather from the review site that Pathcear has been reformulated without Paraquat, that might be why it seemed to take a long time for the top-growth to die this year (but it now all has)

Note that if you are using a weedkiller which prevents new seed germination, if you hand-weed or hoe, you are disturbing the surface and breaking the anti-seed layer, so you will get another crop of weeeds.

sodium chlorate..
stops anything from growing.. ( also lawns and such, so be carefull how close you spread it.. )

Use industrial bleach or driveway cleaner. Which will both keep them clean and kill weeds. Just scrubb it on with a deck/ stiff brush and weeds will be dead within a week. The foamy discharge will not be good for plants or lawn if you dont have a raised edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back