Weeping MDPE fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - and Happy Christmas!

Have a Hepworth 25mm MDPE to 22mm hep2o stopcock which is weeping from the supply side, water coming from inside the nut on the mdpe (which is actually a plasson fitting, joined and resold by hepworth)

The mdpe is slightly scratched - but I have smoothed the peaks into the troughs as best possible as advised on other threads.

There is a pipe insert.

The water is coming out and running back down the mdpe - if you hold the pipe it pools at a rate of about a teaspoon every 5 secs or so.

No easy way to cut back to a non scratched section - as the genius who ran it has scratched the whole run by the look of it :(

Any ideas how to solve? I'm searched on 'repair coupling' , but can't find much out. Also, some forums seem to advocate winding PTFE tape around the grab ring on the plasson fitting. Worth a try? (Although I'm not sure how that would work as the grab ring isn't a complete circle in a plasson fitting - unless it should be and that's my problem!!)

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
I may be imagining it, but the leak appears to be slowing slightly - more like a teaspoon in 10 secs at the moment.

Can't be the famous curing properties of london limescale already can it??

Cheers all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back