Weird Stuff Growing in Front Yard

Reaction score
Country
United States
This stuff started growing in my front yard lawn. Some of it has already been growing in the flower bed area (shown in pic) from a few years ago and not sure what it is, how to kill it. Pulling it from roots hasn't worked apparently (done this last year too).

Also, on my mulch bed, there's these grassy looking things growing too. Started just this year and I have weed blankets there! Driving me crazy.

GOEX454.jpg

RXdPwAF.jpg

NBc71uo.jpg

TPVMJMV.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a kind of grass, possibly from birdseed.
Keep pulling it up. Obviously a selective weedkiller is unlikely!

I have weed killer (I think it's Roundup). Shouldn't I spray it at the root?

The stuff in your bark mulch (3rd picture) is Austrailian grass of some sort, I got that from my neighbour whos Mum imported it... yes. that stuff pulls up fairly easily and also responds, eventually, to glyphosate.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Some types of grass need only a tiny bit of root left behind for it to grow again, which can be missed when pulling it up. Round up will probably do the trick, sometimes takes a few applications. You need not apply it to the root, you spray it on the leaves. Takes about 3 weeks to work, and about a week or so to start to see any signs of it dying. It will kills plants/grass around it tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back