Well done Wimpy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never thought I'd congratulate a fast food chain but this deserved a mention in my opinion. Clever marketing campaign yeah but it brought delight to some and that's to be welcomed and congratulated.

Looking at the delight on the faces of those people, it warms your heart. Such a small thing really (excuse the pun 'sesame seed'), but brought a smile to those people, and me.

Braille burger ad from fast food chain Wimpy goes viral

You wouldn’t expect to hear the words ‘burger’ and ‘uplifting’ in the same sentence, but South African fast food chain Wimpy has made it happen.

Last month, the popular burger joint released a video to promote the restaurant’s Braille menu available for sight disabled customers.

But then the masterminds behind the project went a step further by adding a creative twist to the promotion. They created ‘Braille burgers' which involved Wimpy chefs using sesame seeds as Braille to spell out messages on the burger buns.

For their grand finale, they headed over to three biggest blind institutions in the country to hand-deliver their special messages.

And as the video says below, for people who use their hands as their eyes, this was the first time they could do more than just taste their food.

The results were, well, uplifting.

Take a look for yourself at the video below which won ad of the month in November 2011 and has been viewed over 250,000 times since it was uploaded last month.

Sponsored Links
That's great, must taken a while to do, with the technology these days they might find a way to speed up the production

Looking at the delight on the faces of those people, it warms your heart. Such a small thing really (excuse the pun 'sesame seed'), but brought a smile to those people, and me.

Great post Blas....and yes I agree the expressions on those faces are an absolute pleasure to watch :)

Serious question - why do blind people always squint?
It's not as if the light's too bright for them... odd.

Sponsored Links
I always wondered if wood chip wallpaper would be a good read for a blind person.

And welcome Bristol boy (BigDY). Another one to add to the happy throng. Pred is out there somewhere.

Back