Wellies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble finding a pair of wellies that will last. Current pair (dickies) were bought in april and failed yesterday as I was stood in 9" of semi-liquid cattle muck.

I am not averse to spending money on these, I can spend all day wearing them, so they need to be comfy, warm and resistant to oils (and sh1t!). Must be safety boots.

Have tried 2 pairs of dunlops, dickies and unbranded cheapies.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
no offence, but I am a farmer, I wouldn't be seen dead in hunter wellies.

And they need to be safety boots.

Sponsored Links
Lets just say that they aren't associated with people that get their hands dirty making their living. Being a good fit in stirrups is not one of my criteria. Also they are too narrow for my feet.

It's a style decision then :LOL:

I bet you don't want to be seen wearing the cheap ones that farm or building labourers use either

it makes me laugh when people say "I pay no attention to fashion" but will only buy stuff that conforms to their desired image.

On my farm I am the labourer and the boss. I've worn cheap no brand wellies and branded ones as it states in the original post.

The question is simple, reccomend me some good safety wellies. Hunters are not safety wellies.

freddymercurystwin Posted: 28 Aug 2008 22:01 Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about a pair of these?

Do they do them in a safety boot?

I'm not an idiot, I know I can buy wellies all over the place, I want a recommendation of some decent ones that won't fail in less than six months.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm not an idiot, I know I can buy wellies all over the place, I want a recommendation of some decent ones that won't fail in less than six months.

Is that too much to ask?

Well with you being a farmer, I nominate you as the DIYnot resident welly expert.
Most of us don't wear them all that much, unless there are any keen DIYnot fishermen on here? (Anyone?)

argyle boots use to be the best, I had a steel toe pair, black with a red top band, I don't know what there like now though
but they lasted till the soles had worn smooth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back