We're back!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just back, from a wonderful 14 days, away with the caravan on the north east coast on a quiet site. The first day, I left the ignition on, radio playing to itself, for several hours, whilst we got the caravan all set up, by the time I realised, the battery was near flat. Searching for the emergency charger, I eventually realised I had borrowed it for use in the garage, 12 months earlier.

I then searched for other ways to charge it and found I had an emergency length of flex in the boot, that was just long enough to reach from the caravan battery, across to the where the car was parked and it's battery. The 13.8v SM PSU in the caravan was able to put enough in to start the car.

Then last Wednesday, Avril managed to twist her ankle walking on the sand dunes, near the sea front. It ballooned straight up, such that I wanted to run her straight to hospital, but she refused, claimed she'd done it several times before. Back home now, and she's still hobbling round a bit, but it's gradually getting better. It was her first time away, in a touring caravan, and she absolutely loved it - very enthusiastic.

The grass needs cutting and the tractor has a flat tyre which needs repairing. Whilst away, I made a short list of modifications and repairs I want to do on the caravan, ready for our next trip.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back