Western Red Cedar Battens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I'm looking to get buy some red cedar battens 18mm x 44mm x 1830mm. What I am trying to achieve is shown in the pic. As ever there seems to be lots of different suppliers and it is very expensive but I'm happy to pay fofr the finish/longevity/looks. I was wondering whether anyone can recommend somewhere to buy from?

I did find an online retailer that had clearance battens which were one good face and eased edges, which would be fine as noone can see the back and I would just chop a little bit off each end before installing. However....they seem to have all gone. Something similar would be good. Even seconds

Many thanks,

Ed

Proposed Pergola-screen.PNG

Sponsored Links
You don't state your location, have you tried local sawmills, or timber suppliers?

Have you considered others timbers like larch or douglas fir?

You can get some nice pinks and oranges with larch. Of course, left untreated it will turn silver

Attachments

• P1070795x.jpg
    P1070795x.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 28
Hi scbk,

I’m in North Hampshire. Well Surrey/Hampshire border.

Thanks for your ideas, yes I have considered other timber. I just can’t find anything that compares as the rivalry to the cedar and I’ve now got that in my mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back