Wet UFH Limited by Floor Probe Temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my ufh has been working well but has been struggling a litte during this last cold snap. The combi boiler is set at a flow temp of 55*c the manifold is set to supply 45*c and the floor probes act as a limiter with a max floor temp of 27*c. Centers were 150mm sitting on 200mm of celotex.The problem has been that the floor temp keeps getting hit on a regular basis which then restricts the heating and the room temp drop ls quite a bit. So essentially the rooms have struggled to hit the target temp of 20*c. It probably hasn't helped that we've had to remove all loft insulation for a couple of weeks, but I can't quite understand why the floor temp is getting hit so frequently. I'm just wondering if it would be worth dropping the manifold flow temp to 40*c so the floor doesn't hit the floor temp probe max so often? i.e. low and slow build up but hopefully more sustained without interruption.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Could it be heat loss of the room?

If the floor probes are not allowing anything past 27°c, perhaps now that there is insulation missing the room can't maintain your target temperature. Do you have a room thermostat? wondering if you could could disable the floor probes for a day or two.

I haven't got floor probes, and in honesty have no idea what temp the actual floor is, the room is however, pleasantly warm at 19°c.

Could it be heat loss of the room?

If the floor probes are not allowing anything past 27°c, perhaps now that there is insulation missing the room can't maintain your target temperature. Do you have a room thermostat? wondering if you could could disable the floor probes for a day or two.

I haven't got floor probes, and in honesty have no idea what temp the actual floor is, the room is however, pleasantly warm at 19°c.
Yes each room has a thermostat, I tried raising the floor probe temp to 30* and that helped. I've replaced all insulation in the loft now, so will see how it fairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back