Wetroom floor on floor boards.

A

Alltheones

I’m just after a bit of info. I’ve fitted a wetroom shower base in my bathroom it currently sits 4mm above my floor boards, it is sat directly on top of joists and sisters joists. how do I build up a suitable floor base for tiling with only 4mm.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
as a DIY'er you've taken on a hefty first time job so it seems - your post suggests that you are out of your depth.
there are just too many variables in doing a wet room so why not get a pro tiler/plumber in to give you a heads up?

I’m just after a bit of info. I’ve fitted a wetroom shower base in my bathroom it currently sits 4mm above my floor boards, it is sat directly on top of joists and sisters joists. how do I build up a suitable floor base for tiling with only 4mm.
cheers.
You don’t, start again.

Sponsored Links
I built up the shower base higher with packers then used 6mm hardy backer board too level off. Floor is solid as a rock now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back