What’s the best way of painting these doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Mottie wants them painted white. I’m going to undercoat them first and then give a coat of Dulux 'white cotton' Satinwood. Is it best to mask up the glass first. Started masking up but getting bored and I’ve still got another 30 panes to mask. Or shall I just paint them and then get any paint off the glass with a razor blade scraper? I’m going to take them off and remove all the locks, hinges and handles before painting. I’m not steady or patient enough to cut them all in.

4319E982-36E3-402F-90BE-FDC991E0890F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Those are to good as they are to paint. Once you paint doors, they will need to be repainted often.

You'll be best putting a primer on them first rather than straight to undercoat! You don't need to mask up as long as you're good enough to cut in. I find a sash brush brilliant for cutting in windows!

Sponsored Links
Thanks but I’ve carried on and already masked up 16 panes on one side so I might as well carry on now. I’m not patient enough to cut in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back